Monday, September 2, 2013

All it took was a hint of Autumn....

 

   For all of three days we had a tiny glimpse of Fall. It didn't smell like Autumn, but the humidity levels dropped and the breezes were almost cool! chuckle   Hey, I'll take whatever I can get this time of year. Now we're back to hot and muggy ~ and another month to go before it starts to actually dry out and our night temperatures begin to become something verging on comfortable. 
   But you know, those three days were enough to send me digging into the boxes of perfume I reserve for cooler weather! I just get SO EXCITED!   My heavy Orientals and spice bombs! Darn near everything from the '80s! Resins that bite and entice! Lush incense! Has it got lots of civet? Open it up and slather it on! Patchouli? OH YEAH!!!     Even some of the lighter fragrances... I can apply MORE.    I love it when those resinous waves arise from my skin and wrap around me like some vaporous magickal cloak.
   And with the arrival of Autumn I will finally be able to open the windows! Smudge herbs burning, clouds of smoke purifying my little dwelling. An iron pot that I use to burn resins in will be put back to work full time. (Have to keep things safe around here! I have cats and dogs.)
    Need to stock up on some supplies. Find out whats still out there! I know I can still get Blue Pearl. That's been one of my favorite stick incenses for decades. I hear Sat Sai Baba Nag Champa has been altered. (tears  will fall if that's true) Thankfully I have a jar of my beloved breuzinho resin left!!!! Wonder if the Palo Santo is still any good? Still have myrrh and frankincense, but I'd like to get some more. You can never have too much of those. Got a Catholic supply catalog a few weeks ago with some really nice blends. And they were on sale too! (I was drooling over some of the censers they had pictured in there. They would look just lovely hanging from my ceiling!) 
    Oh my, I'm feeling grandly overwhelmed!  And I love it! hahaha
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment