Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kanon for Men.


   Here is one of my comfort fragrances. I've always loved the smell, feel, appearance and energy of wood. Trees are some of my favorite people!!! Back in the day I spent 14 years making a living doing pyrography. And in that amount of time I handled a LOT of wood slabs, plaques, boxes, etc. If it was made from wood it wasn't safe from my woodburner. 
   I came across an opened bottle of the aftershave in one of the local discount stores. Some liquid had been splashed out and had soaked into the wooden part of the cap. Took one sniff and I was hooked! It starts out with a little bit of a bang, then settles into a nice clean woody fragrance. The patchouli is noticeable, but well blended. At one point I always think I smell leather, but its very discreet on my skin. Is that a drop of amber? There are some fir needles or cedar in there. Very nice.  As it dries down the oakmoss becomes more evident. And it gets a bit of a powdery feel. Just lovely! Now don't get me wrong, this is a classic masculine fragrance all the way through. Kind of like walking through a heavily wooded part of a forest on a dry, cold day. But with an elegant touch.


   The boxes look like this one in the photo. I put the bottle of EDT in the background. It has a drier feel to it. As I said, I personally prefer the aftershave. Did a little research and couldn't really find out much about it. One reference had it listed as a woody aromatic. DON'T THINK SO! And they listed notes as being: Virginia cedar, Woody notes, Oakmoss, Patchouli and Citruses.  Another had it in the leather chypre group... that's more like it. It came out in 1966. Some folks think it smells "dated". I think its perfect!
    This can be used in rituals addressing any woodland Diety or spirits. I do a lot of energy work dealing with the efforts for the reforestation of Mother Earth. This fragrance helps open up pathways for my prayers to flow on. Plus I find it very soothing and comforting for sleep.
   Usually can be found very inexpensively priced, I recommend giving it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment