Saturday, June 8, 2013

Vintage Camot Soir


   I have a tendency to purchase things I know nothing about. hahaha  Then I try and research them. I find it really interesting! This lovely little bottle of perfume is one such item. The label on front says Camot, the back says Soir. I know the latter means "evening" and that's about it. I haven't had time to investigate further.


   It measures three inches high and just shy of two and a half inches wide. Approximately five eights of an inch deep. And its what I refer to as a "stucker"! Because the glass stopper is stuck like heck!!!  Since its arrival yesterday I've tried some of the basic tricks to unlodge the top, but no success .... yet! I've learned to be very patient. And persistent. That helps tremendously. Presently its sitting in a cool, dark place where it can just relax. I'm reading up on some suggested techniques for stopper removal and planning my next attempt.


   You see, its all a bit of an adventure. Vintages are, in the first place, a gamble. The bottles may have been poorly kept and the notes have gone "off" or the contents have just outright spoiled. If the name is not commonly known, then that adds a bit of mystery. If research pinpoints what the perfume is, then you have discovery, which is very gratifying!
   My warning stands: This can become addictive! chuckle  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment