Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Live in Love by Oscar de la Renta


   Think I've found Spring in a bottle! The perfume doesn't just say it to me, it sings it. Its like a lullaby to soothe my harried mind. A gentle melody that very politely asks me to put down those mundane tasks I've set for myself ~ unfurrow my brow ~ and walk out into the garden. A place where sweet flowers scent the air and gentle tendrils of fragrance untangle my mind of worrisome thoughts. All the while proclaiming softly... Spring is coming!    This calls upon me to pause my daily activities and pay attention to the cycles of Nature. The flow of the Seasons. It whispers to me of glorious Spring!

    "Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it."
                                                                                         ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Live in Love by Oscar de la Renta is one of those perfumes that I am so glad I found! Its like a crisp Spring morning in a bottle. And its quite a nice bottle at that! I just love the attention to detail in its vintage-like design.   Both container and fragrance are classic and subtle. A soft, refined fragrance that can be worn to almost any occasion. The juice manages to be mature and sophisticated, yet still retains a youthfulness about it. But then, thats what Spring is all about!     
    


   Notes (gathered from various internet Fragrance sites)
    Top: Hyacinth, Muguet, Ginger orchid, Bergamot, Galbanum
    Heart: Sambac jasmine, Orangeblossom (or African Orange flower), Rose
    Base: Sandalwood, Amber, Virginia cedar, White woods, Musk

No comments:

Post a Comment