Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Ruffles Arrived!!!


   Well, a very happy Spring Equinox to me!!! The postman brought me a package. And inside was the bottle of Ruffles EDT that I found for an affordable price on Ebay last week. I'm so excited!!! I didn't even have the bubble wrap off the bottle yet and I could smell this sweet exotic incense wafting up out of the box. This is one of those perfumes that I'm so glad to have back. (I'll search out an EDP next!) Could never figure out why they discontinued this luscious creature. Its ALL WOMAN!!! 
   Such a harmonious blend. The aldehydes are right there at the beginning, then it melts into this glorious floral garden with the hint of woods and vanilla. And yes, a bit of caramel. I still think theres a little oakmoss in there, hiding. And honey! Warmed by the sun and dripping onto the flower petals. Orange blossom and carnation rise to the surface on my skin. The civet in this is like a big, fat orange tabby cat..... resting in the sunlight. But then you realize he isn't sleeping. Hes been looking at you intently all along, just as he'd be looking at prey.  That touch of wildness is a fine thing in this composition. Sweet, earthy and the dry down is exquisite. She is just GLORIOUS!
    Can you guess that this is one of my all time favorites? hahaha

Ruffles by Oscar de la Renta        Floral    launched in 1983

Notes (gathered from various internet Fragrance sites)
    Top: Aldehydes, Orange blossom, Green notes, Fruity notes, Bergamot
    Heart: Carnation, Tuberose, Iris, Orchid, Jasmine, Ylang ylang, Lily of the Valley, Rose
    Base: Honey, Sandalwood, Musk, Civet, Vanilla, Caramel, Cedar                                

No comments:

Post a Comment