Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Really Need More Sleep!

Warning: This is what starts to happen!

   Oh my, spent last evening looking at perfumes on the computer. When I looked up and realized it was almost 1:00 a.m., I popped off an email to my friend that introduced me to Ebay. Told him he was "evil"! Spritzed on some Quelques Fleurs l'Original and went to bed.
   Its always interesting to see whats out there in the world of fragrance. So I typed in "vintage perfume" ..... there were over 10,000 listings! Whoa! I can only make a very tiny dent in that over the course of a few hours. But I never fail to learn new things. I find perfumes and perfumeries that I never knew existed. Heck, I could spend hours just looking at the bottle designs. Would love to educate myself enough so that I could tell what year(s) a fragrance was from just by looking at the bottle. And the box. Lets not forget that. With reformulations the box usually changes. Sometimes only in subtle details. Fascinating stuff!! Thats where online forums come in so handy. You can ask other people about such things. More often than not, someone has the answer!
    I can easily see where perfume can become an all consuming obsession! Make that "passion". Sounds so much better. Not nearly as desperate and with such a positive, life affirming connotation. haha 
    Life is an adventure and a learning experience. I say ENJOY it!

No comments:

Post a Comment