Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh damn, another reformulation.

(No photo for this one ~ yet. I broke my camera the other day.)

   Originally I started writing this post about one of my favorite fragrances that had been horribly altered, but then my worst fears were confirmed ...
I had heard "rumors" about it. Didn't want to believe it. But found out yesterday that Estee Lauder's KNOWING has indeed been reformulated.
    WEEP! WEEP! SOB! SOB! WEEP! Tears of despair and agony flowing!
Guess it has been for several years now. But luckily the bottle that I bought last year was an earlier one. How could they? KNOWING is, in my humble opinion, the BEST rose chypre out there. Actually the best modern chypre that I know of. Or, at least, she was!!!  Its a damned shame!
    I have to say it again ~ I really HATE reformulations.
    A few months ago I ordered a bottle of  my much loved Histoire d'Amour by Aubusson. I figured I'd better start packing in some back-up bottles, what with all the restrictions being imposed on the perfume industry in Europe. Well.... when I opened the box it just didn't look right. The juice was so pale. So I gave it a little spritz in the air and KNEW something was horribly wrong!  Grabbed up the box and started checking it..... oh oh, there was the dreaded list of ingredients on the back. And even worse, it now says "Made in USA". My old boxes all say "France". Well DAMN! They've gone and ruined another wonderful fragrance!
   So lately I've been sending out inquiries to any sellers I can find on Ebay, etc.. "What does it say on the box?" Always get the same reply ~ "Made in USA". Oh goodness! I was really getting worried. Then early yesterday evening my Spirit guides kept urging me to head to our local mall. (I rarely set foot in there) In my mind I kept seeing pictures of this one little perfume shop. Following their guidance, off I went..... and guess what I found there? Staring right at me from inside one of the cases was a big EDT bottle of..... drum roll please..... Histoire d'Amour!! I was so thrilled! So now I have one bottle for back-up.  Will need a few more though. Not only is this stuff darned good, but even in this concentration, its one of those fragrances that acts as a "connection" to my guides  and spiritual family on the other side. For that reason alone its well worth searching out!!!
    Quite a few months ago I found a quarter ounce bottle of the parfum! What a luscious treat that is!!! In this form it works extremely well as a "bridge". What a little treasure to have! But a few weeks ago there was a bit of an accident. Most all of the liquid was spilled! A little on me,  a drop or two on Blossom, a little on my bed pillows and most of it in a small oak jewelry box. That box is now consecrated for the task of safe keeping specific pieces of jewelry and other items! I figure theres always a reason for things that happen. And my guides and angels don't steer me wrong..... I just need to listen!
   
      

No comments:

Post a Comment