Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Krasnaya Moskva


   Stumbled across this bottle up for bid on Ebay. Had no idea what it was. The seller didn't either. Basically they weren't quite sure if it was perfume or not! They figured it was Russian and they were hoping for the best.  Well, let me tell you, the moment I saw the photo I was compelled to acquire it! Luckily, the only other bidder didn't want to go very high.... so I didn't have to pay much.
    I was thrilled when it arrived in the mail! I could feel this warm, soft vibrant energy coming off the box. And when I started to unwrap it I was greeted by this luscious spicy floral fragrance! For a moment I was afraid it had leaked out, but no. There it was.... still sealed with the original onionskin paper and string. No seepage found. It was just THAT POWERFUL!!   It took me forever to remove the paper because I kept stopping and smelling my fingers and the bottle!!!  I swear I should have filmed myself, that would be so hilarious to watch!! The excitement! The ecstasy! hahaha   This juice is magnificent!
    Now, finding out about it was the hard part. First of all, I don't read Russian. That put a little roadblock in my way. Luckily I thought to post it as a question onto one of the perfume forums (Fragrantica). And yes, someone knew Russian and they had smelled the perfume. Well from that point I could start researching....... and still found some confusing information on when it was created.  Heck, I'm still not sure what era my bottle is from. I know its vintage and folks have told me that I'll probably be disappointed in the modern version. (As I am with a lot of the newer versions!) But of course, I want to get a bottle so I can compare.  Plus try some of the others from the same company. I know it sounds very small minded to say it, but I never thought of Russia when the subject of perfumes came up. Now I know differently!!
   I haven't had very many occasions to wear this with the intent of spiritual work, but I can tell you that I sense a very old, very strong female presence as I put it on. Until I get the time to approach her with the proper respect I'm not going to speculate. I'll just sniff my lovely bottle of perfume and wait for cooler weather to arrive. When I update I will include more information on this gorgeous fragrance!

Krasnaya Moskva by Novaya Zarya 

Notes (gathered from various internet Fragrance sites)
   Top: Bergamot, Coriander, Orange blossom
   Heart: Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Ylang Ylang
   Base: Iris, Tonka bean, Vanilla


No comments:

Post a Comment