Friday, October 18, 2013

Carolina Herrera. Voluptuous White Floral.

   

Notice the difference in color?! The Edt on the left is a newer version, not sure if its actually the reformulation. It still smells pretty good to me. On the right is the old Edp, in the older style bottle. What a beauty!


 Hmmm, I seem to be in another white floral phase. I really need to document whether this is a common full moon occurrence or not.
   Found my Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera is just the fragrance I was looking for. Its rather exquisite!  So rich and complex. Lovely composition of florals. Sweet honeysuckle, jasmine, orange blossom, a rich buttery tuberose....  funny, I never used to like tuberose very much. It had to sit in the background in order for me to tolerate it. But not anymore! *At least not when its well done.   CH has a nice animalic  facet also. Thanks to a very well done, smooth civet note.  Classy and refined with a resonant note of sensuality. What more could one ask for?
   This is a true 80's fragrance. A powerful potion! Yes, it can be a bit loud. Just apply with a softer hand.... the way most folks should with a big white floral. On fabric it can last for days!!!  Try it on a scarf, just wonderful! Rich and classy smelling.  I want to describe it as feminine, but "womanly" is a much better way of saying it. 
   Definitely a Goddess scent!   I wore it out under the full moon last night. My prayers danced on the evening breezes in a luscious mist of flowers! Simply beautiful.

    I researched it this morning and found it has been reformulated. I can't imagine anything good will come of that. So try and find an older bottle.


Carolina Herrera  by Carolina Herrera     Floral   1988

Notes (gathered from various internet sources)
   Top: Apricot, Orange blossom, Green notes, Bergamot, Brazilian Rosewood
   Heart: Honeysuckle, Tuberose, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Ylang ylang, Lily of the Valley, Narcissus, Spanish Jasmine
   Base: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Civet, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Cedar


No comments:

Post a Comment