Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 is almost Gone!

  

   Well, tomorrow is the last day of 2013. Amazing! What the heck happened to this year anyway???       That aside, I'm still in a state of sensory overload from the holiday season. If I don't smell another cookie, cake or candy for a month or so ~ I might recover.  The scent of evergreens  (one of my favorites) was in short supply around here. Very few Yule trees for sale this year. And they looked pretty rough. Something about a disease affecting them and making them dry out rapidly. What a shame!
    Went back on the no-buy quite a while back. And I had been doing really well. (pat self on back)  Then saw a small bottle of  Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose Jasmin. For $4.!  Lovely fragrance. Reminds me of some perfume oil I used to get many, many years ago. Nice incense vibe to it.
    My after-Yule present to myself was a very small shopping spree at Mermade Arts. Got one of her tripods for placing over the lit charcoal. Never tried that before.  Purchasing a new electric heater will have to wait a bit longer!
    The relatively new metaphysical store down at the corner carries a little bit of incense. What a lifesaver that was at Christmas! Guess what my daughter got as a gift? hahaha        Am trying a couple of scents from the HEM corp..   Sandal King and Horus Eye.  Sweet, but nice. They also carry a "Seven Chakra" incense by the same company. There are seven packages containing 5 incense sticks each. Of course, the fragrances are supposed to match up with the corresponding chakra. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use them. Guess it would be good if I asked at the shop where I got them! hahaha   Did I forget to mention that I have a case of the brain-fog because of all the sugar I've been ingesting! And I swear its affecting my sense of smell!!!  NOT in a good way either.
    Oh goodness.... just realized how late it is. Had better run and try to get some sleep. Haven't heard much this evening, but tomorrow night my neighbors will be setting off loads of fireworks..... and I will be up most of the night reassuring my dogs and cats!   Remember to keep your pets safe and as calm as possible. Good luck to all the fur parents out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment