Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ambre Sultan. Nice for Protection.


   While speaking to a friend on the phone about protective fragrances and my need for them, especially at that particular time, I spotted this on the internet. (Which I was cruising at the same time I was talking.... I admit it!) Anyway, it caught my attention because the amber in perfumes is actually composed of resins and oils, some of which have the exact energetic properties I was seeking.  And I think many of us can appreciate how something will just "pop" up out of seemingly nowhere when we need it the most. So it was with Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens.   And it was less than half the regular price!    So glad I decided to go for it.
    I just ADORE the opening. The first 30 to 40 minutes are my kind of magickal potion, Resins, herbs and spices. All dancing around a sacred fire, weaving in and out. For a time it creates an underlying scent of tobacco.... lets send those prayers up! There is an incense note present that resonates waaaay back in my memory file! (I wonder which lifetime its from?) And one of the unnamed resins just HAS to be my beloved breuzinho! Here its burning as a sacred offering. Billowing clouds of smoke rising to embrace the breezes. And that wonderful tang of burnt resin on the altar stone. Oh, how I wish this stage of Ambre Sultan's development could last forever. But all things change. It transmutes to a warm glowing ember of fragrant myrrh and vanilla laden amber. Earthy, yet etheric as it dries down closer and closer to the skin. Wondrous.
     It lasts for many hours.... quietly. That's what you want when you're seeking protection, especially if you are "out and about". There is nothing "weird" about this that would make people question why you're wearing it.
    Its those opening notes that help fortify my defenses. They seem to purge my energy field of unwanted and negative particles. Then it morphs into this lovely and discreet perfume. What more could one ask for?
    Note: This one is quite unisex.

Ambre Sultan  by Serge Lutens                   2000

Notes:  Coriander, Sandalwood, Bay leaf, Patchouli, Angelica, Resins, Myrrh, Amber, Oregano, Myrtle, Benzoin, Vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment