Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fragrance is my Therapy right now!

   Goodness, its been a while since I've been able to get back to the blog. Went through the whole Winter season unable to wear much in the way of perfumes because I spend so much time at my mother's home. She has Parkinson's and Dementia, so either my brother or myself have to stay close to her. She doesn't mind perfume, as long as it isn't REAL strong. ( That's more than half of my stash! hahaha) My brother on the other hand, can't stand fragrance! And since he lives with Mom...... well, you get the picture. No perfume during the day.
   But when I return home for the evening, one of the first things I do is head for the perfume cabinet. Its therapy for me! Shifts my focus away from the unpleasant aspects of caretaking. And believe me, there are quite a few of those!  Fragrance is so healing to the Spirit! Of course, there are those times when I not only put on perfume.... I also take out one of my belly dance belts and maybe even one of my favorite hats...... and sway and shimmy around while my dogs and cats look askance at me. They should be used to their Mama acting weird sometimes. I'll do whatever it takes to break up the negative energy that tries to cling onto me!!!    Those little bells help to chip away at it, like old plaster! Then I grab my broom and SWEEP IT OUT the door!   Shimmy, shimmy, sweep. Shimmy, shimmy, sweep. Shoulder rolls, twirls, shimmy, shimmy.... and sweep, sweep, sweep!!!!     If its really bad, I smudge myself before I come into my home. Yep, I keep everything handy! Oh! And don't forget some incense for the house too!
   Even if I do find myself "down", I REFUSE to stay that way for very long! There is no sense in wasting my time and life energy that way.  And yes, I've used my slightly warped sense of logic in "rewarding" myself after a particularly rough day. (Especially after Mom's latest hospital stay... I don't ever want to revisit that first evening in my head again! Emotional torture. UGH!)   Suffice it to say, I have a couple of new vintage perfumes (actually more than that) and a hat or two. Trust me, I DESERVE them!   chuckle

No comments:

Post a Comment