Monday, April 21, 2014

Priorities!

April 20th. The morning drive to watch my grandchildren hunt eggs!
   Up early and on the road! My grandchildren hunt eggs first thing in the morning! Can't be late!    I'm happy to report that an awesome time was had by all. They'll be living up in Virginia soon, so I don't want to miss ANYTHING.  The youngest will be four years of age next month, so I also used this opportunity to see what would be a good birthday present. He LOVES dinosaurs... and bones... and fossils... and he has the beginnings of a tooth collection. Hmmmm.....
   So when I came home I immediately hit the internet. To my own surprise, I totally ignored two auctions on vintage Magie Noir! (They both went for a song. OUCH! That hurt.)     So what was I doing on my computer? Well, I was searching, pricing and comparing dinosaur teeth and coprolite specimens.
    For the uninitiated, coprolite is fossilized dung. That's right, I was looking for the perfect piece of petrified poop!   Found some really nice ones too!  I'm also in a state of shock at how expensive some of that sh#t is.  hahaha  (No. Seriously. Its outrageous!)   The varieties of teeth and bone is absolutely amazing.  While I was there I even purchased some small pieces to make into jewelry.
   Anyway, my point is about priorities. The perfume can wait. My grandson and granddaughter won't stay this age. All children grow up faster than you can imagine.... better enjoy them while you can!  Put having fun with them first in your life. THAT should be your greatest passion/obsession.   
   Of course, sharing my love of fragrance with them is a lot of fun too! chuckle

No comments:

Post a Comment