Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Nina. A Captivating Beauty.




    Well now, I was finally able to procure a bottle of Nina by Nina Ricci. Mind you, its the one from the 1980's.  Don't really know where to begin trying to describe it. Its so lovely. Very feminine! A complex composition that flows so smooth and effortlessly through my olfactory sense.   Its all about "old school" elegance with an underlying sensuality.
    Seriously, it made me want to put on my softest silk blouse and a long, full skirt (the one with the lush roses printed all over).  Curl up in an overstuffed armchair next to the window with my old book of Tennyson's Poems. And it would have to be the one published in 1874 in order to give me the proper tactile experience I'd want with this fragrance.  Oh, and lest I forget.... it should be a "gentle" day. Delicately overcast with the softest of rains casually strolling through. With just enough sunshine to occasionally make the raindrops glisten on the leaves like little gemstones. 
   Yes, that's how Nina makes me feel.   I truly do love this one.


Nina   by Nina Ricci   Christian Vacchiano  Floral Aldehyde   1987

Notes (gathered from various internet sources)

   Top: Aldehydes, Mimosa, Orange blossom, Currant buds, Green notes, Peach, Basil, Marigold, Bergamot, Lemon
   Heart: Mimosa, Violet, Orris root, Jasmine, Ylang ylang, West Indian bay, Rose
   Base: Iris, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Civet, Oakmoss, Blackcurrant syrup, Vetiver

No comments:

Post a Comment