Wednesday, May 14, 2014

1st Decant Supplies.


     My little batch of decanting supplies arrived today. Now I can really make a mess! chuckle I didn't really know what I needed, so I guessed at it!  This will be enough for me to get the "feel" of it at least.  
     Certainly seems like it will be easy enough. As usual, just apply common sense. And, as I've learned from experience, don't try to rush through any procedure!!!    I use to mix up my own oils and such, but it never involved any sort of spray apparatus. Will have to get the hang of that maneuver.
     That's where those cute little metal funnels come in. I could not resist! If they turn out to be totally useless, then I can make them into earrings or something of the sort. Jingles for a medicine bag.... the possibilities go on and on. Have some different sized plastic funnels as well. I'll just have to see what works the best.
     Oh no, I just realized that now I have to come up with some way to keep these things relatively organized.    Come to think of it... that's easy! A nice big tackle box should be a great start.  So on my next trip to the store, its off to the camping/fishing department.
     I'll also need a fairly deep box and, in this early stage, a piece of "foam" for the bottom. You know, that crunchy sounding stuff that everyone always used to make Christmas decorations with. I figure if I cut out a piece to fit the box I'm using.... then make impressions, aka holes, that the vials and sprayers can fit down into.  Would like to eventually make that base piece of wood.  Hey! Its a concept. I'm trying to conquer my seeming inability to organize. My brain just isn't wired well for that application. hahahaha
     All in all, this should be lots of fun! Wish me luck!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment