Friday, May 16, 2014

I Feel like Gardenia today!


May 12th, 2014
   Do you ever wake up in the morning thinking to yourself  ~ "Today I want to smell like a gardenia! And not just a single flower... oh no! I want to smell like a huge bouquet of gardenias! A whole bush absolutely smothered in blooms! Yes! That's what I want to smell like today!" ?
   What do you mean "no"? You actually NEVER wake up with that thought first and foremost in your brain?     Really?      Why not?      Gardenias are AWESOME!  
   But lets get back on track here. Today is a Gardenia day. I don't know why, but it is. I have Rose days too.... and Lily of the Valley days... and light, green leafy days.... rich resin and incense days... and watch out now! Those drench me to the bone in essential oil of Patchouli days!  Whoooaah! I LOVE THOSE DAYS!!! Patchouli seeping out of every pore...   Wow, got completely distracted there. Hang on a minute... "breathe deep ~ exhale slowly ~ center Self ~ find balance point ~ keep breathing deeply.  Now, refocus thoughts on... what was it again? .... oh yeah. Gardenia. Gardenia, GOT IT! " OK, I'm back. (And now y'all know that patchouli is my drug of choice! hahaha)
   Now I like to use gardenia to lift my spirits.  There is just something about that scent that makes me happy. Perhaps its childhood memories or just how gorgeous those flowers are!  (Hmm, I need to remind myself to plant a couple of bushes around here.  Until then I'll just have to keep wearing my Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor.)  Also the full moon is approaching. And that plant has immense feminine and lunar energies! 
   They're said to aid in healing. Place a bouquet in the room or just one flower next to the bed. They have a very high spiritual vibration so in that way they can assist in communications with angels, ancestors and helpful spirits.   And, of course, down through history those lovely petals have been used in love spells of all sorts! Considering how lush and sensuous the flower is, I can understand that connection.  Almost forgot, they're said to enhance dreams and ritual dream states too.
    Need to gain some compassion? Either for others or yourself... this is a flower that can help.  Cup a bloom in your hands and inhale deeply. Feel its energy.   I always get the visual of Kwan Yin sitting on a gardenia instead of a lotus!     The scent has a way of wrapping itself around my shoulders like a light, velvety prayer shawl. It gives me great comfort and gladdens my heart.
    Well, there you have it. Gardenia days are good days!

This is my favorite go-to Gardenia fragrance. Always makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment